Sunday, January 30, 2011

Homemade Croutons

I wanted to have a salad tonight but we didn't have any croutons so I whipped up some of my own. I think they were quite tasty. Next time I have bread that's a little hard I'm going to make some of these and store them for future use. Delicious. I made half the recipe and it made plenty for at least 5 salads.

(Found at cooks.com)

Ingredients:
1 lb loaf french bread (I just used regular whole wheat bread)
1 stick butter
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese (I used the shaker kind)
1 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Instructions:
Cut bread into 1 inch chunks. Melt butter and add remaining ingredients. Toss over bread in large mixing bowl. Spread croutons over ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown (I baked for 4 extra minutes). Stir occationally during baking. Cool. Store in airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment